What are TMJ Treatments?
The TMJ (temporomandibular joint) is the joint that connects your lower jaw to your skull. As with many other joints on the body, the TMJ can experience pain, discomfort, swelling and limited range of movement that gets in the way of your quality of life. When this occurs, it's known as TMD or temporomandibular joint dysfunction. We offer a range of helpful treatments and remedies for all TMJ-related problems.
Why do you need TMJ Treatment?
The TMJ is incredibly necessary when it comes to eating, chewing and simply opening and closing your mouth to speak. When the joint becomes inflamed or painful, you may find that it gets in the way of living your best life. Some problems to look for concerning the TMJ include:
- Clicking, popping or grinding of the jaw bone
- Inability to open your mouth fully without pain or discomfort
- Inflammation and tenderness
- Earaches that are otherwise unexplained
- Difficulty chewing and biting into your favorite foods
- Locking of the jaw